Our residence halls were designed with students in mind! Community Life at Spartanburg Methodist College ensures that you experience comfortable living while engaging with your Pioneer community. When you move in your first year, you'll get the help of some awesome volunteers (check out the video on the right!).
Click on any residence hall below to learn more, see photos, or download a floorplan.
The mission of the Campus Safety Department is to support student learning by providing a campus environment that discourages crime and promotes safety through effective law enforcement and positive relations with the community.
Our Campus Safety department is staffed with experienced police and security officers that are full-time employees of Spartanburg Methodist College. Our officers work rotating 12 hour schedules to ensure around-the-clock coverage for SMC's campus.
The Campus Safety Department at Spartanburg Methodist College operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are located in the basement of Kingman Residence Hall, entrance accessed next to Ellis Hall.
- SLED Certified Security Officers
- Class 1 Police Officers certified through the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and commissioned as South Carolina State Constables.
- All officers are also CPR/AED certified and trained in first aid.
- SMC campus police officers have authority to perform all law enforcement duties to include:
- Handling calls for service
- Patrolling within the jurisdiction
- Making arrests
- Enforcing traffic laws
- Writing citations
- Conducting criminal investigations
- Victim Services
- Click to view the SMC 2023 Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Containing Information for the 2023-2024 Academic Year).
- Click to view the SMC Emergency Procedures 2022 -2023.
The Office of Title IX & Equal Opportunity covers gender equity in athletics, pregnant and parenting students, in addition to providing equal access to education programs and activities free from sexual harassment and discrimination.
The X is the second story of the Burgess Student Center (above the Dining Commons).
The X is the home of:
- 24/7 Student Lounge
- 24/7 "Flex Space" with kitchen area and Vending
- SMCX Staff Offices
Whether you're a student looking for a place to relax, or a commuter looking for a place to heat your lunch, The X is a versatile space for all students!